Thursday, November 13, 2008

Stop Trying Too Hard

So what does this mean? Well I'm going to talk about manga, specifically English made manga.

You know giving a good effort is not that bad, but guys.... Stop abusing Photoshop and Manga Studio. I mean every English manga I see the whole page is toned. And I'm like "WUT". Seriously, stop using so much toner. And it's so funny because I was reading what Tokyopop said about their toners and do not encourage the old ways of doing things because it "makes it harder for them to publish". Though the Japan doesn't have problems with this. Seriously English manga artist... Less is more when you do a page, not unless it's a picture, not a page panel.

And most of the time they overcompensate, they hella tone but can't really draw. >.<
Arggggg.

I'm just frustrated with the English made manga overall, I personally think there is nothing good out there.

1 comment:

Pasghetti said...

I think the only thing that really frustrates me about American based manga is the lack of intriguing storyline. I mean, there's nothing really there to captivate me in any way. I don't read much manga anymore, but when I do get a chance to pick up an english one while perusing the book story, it's nothing but overly used, watered down, anime cliche's.